Zach Elementary is hosting our 8th annual Zach Gives Back (ZGB) Campaign, launched each November, with the purpose of raising funds and goods for local, national and international nonprofits. We gear our events for children helping children! This year, due to COVID 19, we have shifted the types of campaigns we are hosting. This year, our campaigns are co-hosted by a community agency.
- We host annual schoolwide ZGB campaigns:
- Turkey Roundup (November 19th) – Deliver a frozen turkey to the old Kmart parking lot at 2535 S. College Ave between 7am-5pm to benefit the Larimer County Food Bank.
- Adopt A Family (November 5-10) – The holidays can be one of the most difficult times of year for our families who are trying to make ends meet. Some families are worrying about where they will sleep, how they will pay their electrical bill, or where they will get their next meal. Please consider adopting a Boys & Girls Club family by going to https://www.begreatlarimer.org/holiday-families/ and click on “Adopt A Family” at the bottom of the screen.
- Angel Tree (November) – Coordinated through Salvation Army. All gifts are purchased online through Walmart and Salvation Army picks them up from there. For more info and how to purchase, click here
- Winter Clothing Drive For Zach Students (November)- Is your family in need of some support with winter clothing? All students are required to have winter gear for recess. Please complete this confidential form if you need a little help with getting winter gear this year. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfi8XmNHrSZwImcF-8chMh5YjIWIQu5njWFB6gIktOof9T9lg/viewform
- Would you like to offer support in purchasing needed items for Zach families? Please complete this confidential form if you would like to offer support with this. Thank you! Offer to Support: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfF21IKRx-wNbQHh7IIv8UxqMx9HcRsqXe1kyADAu1RRjti9A/viewform
- Consider donating a used bike to Realities For Children. Local bike shops will do safety checks on donated bikes, and then Realities for Children will distribute to kids in need of a bike. Check it out at https://www.realitiesforchildren.com/services/bikes-for-tykes/
Events that are slated as possible campaigns this school year:
- Canned Food Drive (February)
- Jump Rope for Heart (February) – will be virtual
We host iCarebyHair campaign every other year: Next event January 2021