Preston Middle School
Please refer to the Preston Transition Series regarding Preston’s plan to transition your 5th graders to 6th grade at Preston. We look forward to the opportunity to introduce our new Pumas to the wonderful things happening at Preston and also to answer any questions they might have to make this experience fantastic!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our 6th grade counselor, Krista Summers, (970-488-7305 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Kinard Middle School
We are excited to invite you to learn more about Kinard Core Knowledge Middle School and our upcoming events that are aimed at fostering a healthy middle school transition for your child. At Kinard, we believe that a positive middle school experience is created with a focus on the whole child. We are committed to a culture that ensures a high level of learning for all, where students feel engaged, supported, and challenged.
Kinard is proud to serve as a programmatic feeder to the Core Knowledge elementary schools in Poudre School District. As an “option school” in Poudre School District, Kinard does not have a neighborhood boundary. Therefore, all families who would like for their child to attend Kinard must apply through the school choice process. Students who currently attend PSD Core Knowledge elementary schools (Bethke, O’Dea, Traut, and Zach) and live within the district boundaries receive first priority for admission through the school choice process due to the programmatic connection as Core Knowledge schools.
You can read more about school choice in PSD here: PSD School Choice policy. Information about the 2021-22 school choice timeline and process can be found on the PSD School Choice Website. If you are interested in learning more about Kinard Core Knowledge Middle School, the following options are available to you:
- Visit Kinard's website or watch a video .
- Attend a Core Knowledge Virtual Information Night: Hear from our principal about the curricular connection between our Core Knowledge elementary schools and Kinard Middle School. For all dates, you can join the Google meeting link here. A Google account will be necessary to join; click here to create an account if necessary. If you are not able to attend the evening designated for your child’s elementary school, feel free to join on the date that works best for you. O'Dea Elementary: Please join the evening that works best for your schedule.
- Join a Virtual Parent Information Session: Can’t make one of the evenings above? We will also be hosting virtual meetings for all prospective parents at the following times. For all dates, you can join the Google meeting link here. A Google account will be necessary to join; click here to create an account if necessary.
- Attend Incoming 6th Grade Virtual Family Night on Wednesday, January 6th, 2021 from 6:00-8:30 p.m. This evening is designed for parents and 5th grade students to learn about Kinard’s curriculum, culture, and overall student experience. Additional information and virtual links to join will be shared closer to the event.
For questions about enrollment, registration, or anything related to attending Kinard Core Knowledge Middle School, please contact our school counselors:
- Students with last names A-G: Patti Young, email@example.com or (970) 488-5406
- Students with last names H-Z: Karen Irvine, firstname.lastname@example.org or (970) 488-5408