The Zach students and teachers do a wonderful job of giving back during the year through the “Zach Gives Back” campaign. Inspired by their efforts, I figured that the parents should have their own campaign to show our kids that we want to participate in giving back to our community as well! On Thursday March 30th the Garth Englund Blood Center will be bringing their blood donation bus to the Zach parking lot from 9AM-1PM.
This campaign has a special place in my heart because when I was 9 years old I was in a serious car accident. I had less than 1% chance of survival. During my 7-hour surgery, my small body was given over 55 units of blood, and without it there is no way I would have survived.
Please sign up to donate on March 30th, with every donation received we can save up to three lives!!
We are making this as easy as possible for you:
1. Select your time slot on the signup genius form http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0548A4A82FA1FC1-blood62
2. We will send you the paperwork ahead of time so that you can get a jump on it.
3. Eat a good breakfast that morning and drink plenty of water the day before and after donating.
4. Come to Zach on March 30th with your photo ID and your paperwork at your appointment time.
5. Sit back and relax for 5-8 minutes while you donate.
6. Feel great the rest of the day knowing that you could be saving up to 3 lives here in our community! Thank you! The impact of your donation is immeasurable.