PTO & SaC
Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
Contact by email: email@example.com
PTO Board Members 2023-2024:
- Erica Bernhardt - President
- Jenny Florez - Vice President
- Jennifer Bowman - Treasurer
- Philip Dattilo - Secretary
- Jennifer Dattilo - Secretary
PTO meets Wednesdays from noon-1:00pm. Meeting date(s): 11/15; 12/13
Go HERE for the 2023-24 PTO meetings.
Thank you for helping the FUNd RUN exceed our initial goal of $40,000 and raising $75,000 for the Zach Enrichment Fund (ZEF)! If you would like to provide your input on how the additional money raised should be spent, please attend the PTO meeting on November 15th from 12:00-12:45 p.m. This will be a virtual only meeting.
School Accountability Committee (SAC)
This teams meets quarterly to discuss topics around school leadership: strategic, instructional, school culture & equity, human resources, managerial, and community engagement.
Meetings are 5:00-6:00pm at THIS LINK. Meeting date(s): 9/13, 11/8, 2/21, and 4/10.
PSD School Accountability Committees help plan and evaluate instructional programs and quality improvement processes at schools.
School Accountability Committees (SAC), which are made up of parents and community members, offer guidance on academic action plans, budget priorities, safety issues and other areas.
While SACs present recommendations to school leaders and administrators, school administrators make the decisions and are ultimately responsible and accountable for those decisions.
- Unified Improvement Plan: A SAC's primary responsibility is to provide recommendations for their school’s academic goals and action plans, which are included in the school's Unified Improvement Plan (UIP). Goals and action plans reflect the school’s performance data, community input, and the philosophy of the school. Goals also align with the district's goals recorded in the district UIP.
- Budget priorities: The SAC makes recommendations to the principal about spending priorities for budget expenditures of the building. The committee reviews staffing design, discretionary and non-discretionary funds, carryover, and all other funds available to the school. The SAC submits budget recommendations to the District Accountability Committee (DAC) annually via the SAC budget survey.
- Quarterly SAC discussion topics:
- Whether school leadership, personnel, and infrastructure are advancing or impeding implementation of the public school’s accreditation contract with the Board of Education.
- Safety issues relative to the school environment.
- Community concerns and input regarding SAC duties and responsibilities.
- Annual report: SACs submits budget input, via the annual SAC Budget Survey, to the DAC, which gives an annual recommendation about budget priorities to the Board of Education.
- Other duties: SACs may perform other duties in order to fulfill their responsibilities, as determined by the principal and committee co-chair.